Wednesday, April 9, 2014

days 8 and 9, rewrites and random songs

the path ahead was always clear
and sure I had always been
and yet as the bend in the road grew near
a feeling arose, that to me was queer
a louder voice that rose above the din

I took the turn with no regret
no one could change my mind
they discouraged and yet
every challenge I met
a better dream to find

how hard I tried
times could be rough
sometimes I lied
about how often I cried
fearing it'd never be enough

the path ahead was always clear
but never had I been so wrong
the person now is ever more dear
independent and strong and free of fear
a heart with a happier song

                                                                                              

when I wanted you more
I was head over feet
I forgave you always
just one more time
when I walked away
the last time
I don't think I truly believed
that I was ever
gonna get over you
but one day you awake
and everything is gone
with a misty vagueness
of glitter in the air

No comments:

Post a Comment